SEARCHING FOR MY SHADOW

I saw flashing signs
asking me to turn back,
to watch my step,
to be careful of the road ahead 
or behind,
everywhere I went.
I was afraid of moving further 
but couldn't stop myself from 
following the glow
of the moon 
as it lead me through the night
I was in hot pursuit of my shadow 
that cut ties with me
a long time ago.
My shadow knew what it felt like
to follow me 
and I knew what it was like 
to live under it. 
Therefore, it decided to run 
and disappear somewhere. 
Somewhere I wouldn't
be able to find it. 
And that's how the story went
until the ghosts gave me the skinny.
Finally, I found it. 
I found the one I was searching for! 
My double!
My intangible doppelganger! 
My eager eyes looked and looked 
at my shadow 
bathed in incandescent light 
surrounded by tenebrosity. 


- Luro 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT A SHAME!

UNSUNG HEROES

PAGES