THOUGHTICIDE

Words have failed me 
I gaze at the screen
The blankness stares back at me
Trying to look for a meaning 
beclouds the mind
I had thoughts
Plenty of thoughts 
That were nipped in the bud 
Thus, they never grew 
Never had the chance to. 
"What have you been thinking of?" they ask
And instead of a reply, I asked 
"How am I to know?" 
The thoughts that were supposed to be born
were killed 
'Thoughticide', I'd call it
The Thought police would know better 
If having thoughts and opinions of your own is wrong 
Then, what about the factors that control them? 
Are they right? 
And who is to judge? 
What would you do 
if you're only allowed to speak
when someone puts words in your mouth? 
Who does the talking? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT A SHAME!

UNSUNG HEROES

PAGES